Over my many years working in natural health, I’ve been lucky to experience incredible life changing moments first-hand. Here’s an example of how Hemp Oil benefits can effect one person’s life:
A few years ago, I saw a woman standing in the corner of the store, keeping mostly to herself. I introduced myself, and got to know her and her story. Once she explained her current medications, I recognized them as treatment for PTSD.
She explained how many days, things felt very bleak, and out of any given month, she’d typically only quantify one day as a “good day.”
After some discussion, we put together a plan, and she decided to try shifting to CBD treatment instead of a prescription.
The next time I saw her, she explained that she had her first 3 good days that she’s had in a year since the shift. Then it became full weeks, and the path to recovery accelerated until she was able to feel like herself again.
This is just one story, but there are countless stories of how hemp oil benefits your life.
Why it works so well:
When most people experience pain, they turn to over the counter medications like Ibuprofen. While ibuprofen can be helpful, it often just blocks the pain. Meanwhile, CBD actually cuts to the root cause of the pain by lowering cytokine levels and reducing inflammation. Especially as people age, every day is all about reducing inflammation.
While many over the counter pain-relief products can tear up your liver and stomach over time, CBD does not have this negative side effect. It’s all natural, aids with sleep, and it’s even good for your gut and brain.
The many parts of Hemp Oil and how they can help you:
One thing to keep in mind, is that Hemp Oil is a broad phrase that can refer to many different products. The different types of Hemp Oil will often contain different ingredients, or different levels of each ingredient that typically comes from the hemp plant.
The substances that can be found in hemp oil:
- Cannabinoids: Each different cannabinoid that can be found in a Hemp plant has a different effect. For instance, CBG is a type of cannabinoid with anti-cancer properties. CBN can help with relaxation.
- THC: This is the psychoactive part of the plant. Enough of it can get you high. Hemp in the US legally must contain under .3% THC, so you typically will not experience a high from it unless you dose large quantities. THC can also help relieve anxiety.
- Terpenes: The terpenes within CBD oil are basically essential oils. You might have something like lavender which aids in relaxation.
- CBD: CBD is the part of the plant that has anti-inflammation as well as anxiety. It gets to the root of pain and reduces cytokine levels. CBD can often be isolated. We’ll get into the details of that shortly.
Different types and what they contain:
- Full spectrum hemp: This contains cannabinoids, THC, terpenes, and CBD. We typically recommend full spectrum because each of these elements work together to reduce anxiety, relieve pain, and stop inflammation at the source.
- Broad spectrum hemp: Broad spectrum hemp oil contains cannabinoids, terpenes, and CBD. The part of the plant it does NOT contain is THC. This means you will not get high when using it. When we have clients that are trying to pass a drug test, or do not want any THC whatsoever, this is usually what we recommend.
- CBD Isolate: This is CBD, plain and simple. If you’re finding CBD oil for cheap, it is likely just an isolate, or it just doesn’t contain what it says it does. CBD isolate can certainly help with inflammation, but it may take 3-4 times the dose to achieve the level of relief you’re looking for. In most case, rather than suggesting CBD isolate, we would just suggest moving to broad spectrum or full spectrum.
To summarize, The list of benefits that hemp oil contains is quite endless.
Hemp oil can:
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Relieve pain and inflammation at the source, lowering cytokines.
- Aid the gut and brain.
- Help with sleep
- Avoid tearing up your liver and stomach.
If you have other questions, or want to give CBD a try, you can get started by visiting our store at thehemphealth.com